Friday, February 24, 2012

C : CY's E Day First Aid Kit V1 - DATE & THEME

Assalammualaikum .. 

Guess what? I've actually prepared most of my E Day's errands. It's pretty early to most of you, but it wasn't for me. :)

OK, should anybody asks me what is the 1st thing that popped out of my mind when it comes to the E Day, I would yelled out 'Theme!'.. ekeke .. I don't know but to me that is the most important part of the preparation apart from getting the cold hard cash ready to pay for all those jaw-dropping expenses! :) 

What is the theme of our E Day? Hell yeah! It is the most excruciating & pain experience when I had to cracked my head into pieces thinking of the theme color. It sounds scary right? Hehe. Indeed. it is scary to me! 

Our E Day Theme : Purple & Silver 

Don't ask me why I finally decided to choose those combinations of colors because I just don't have the idea why I came up with such eerie idea. :)
Almost every details on that day is going to be related to the theme. That is obvious right?! 

MA is having different theme for his 'hantaran'. We'll hear from him later. Hope he's willing to share his prep with us! 

The most important thing is of course the DATE! What's going to happen if there's no fixed date? It is going to be haywire, trust me! I did mention that on 7/4/12, MA & family will come over to my house to 'ask for hand in marriage (merisik)' from my beloved Abah. 

Initially the plan was different. At first, MA.CY planned that on 16/6/12, the ceremony is going to be 'merisik' & 'bertunang (engagement)' together at the same time. That is just a way to save costs & time! That was what we thought... Until ................ 

Until I went to JB to met up with MA's family.. That was when everything turned the other way round. :) it wasn't that bad actually, those so called 'improvisations' are a good one! Who would have thought that MA & family is going to come over for the 'merisik' session? I didn't think of that myself! Even my parents are surprised knowing that his parents are coming over. Anyway, that is how things should be done, that is what we call 'adat' or customs. This is so special among the Malays. Wedding & child birth is something that is being celebrated with all our heart. 

Those years, 'merisik' is a very common practice among the Malay society. The parents of the groom would come over to the bride's house to ask whether the daughter is still available. You might laugh reading that phrase, I just don't know how to put that into words! In Malay, we called it 'menyunting bunga di taman'. It is a very interesting moment for a lady, I guess! Probably it shows that a guy has been eyeing her for quite sometime. Wouldn't that makes any girl happy? Ehehe it sounds weird huh? Just my thought. 

In fact by right, the date of the E Day is to be discussed during the 'merisik' session. But! MA.CY are just SO keen to get the date before anything else! Ahaha. Please don't call us anxious ya. There are reasons why we both wanted to set the date 1st. We both are so damn BUSY with our work so we decided that fixing the date 1st would be better, so that we can start to prepare those chores relating to the E Day bit by bit. It is just like setting the goal. When we had the main goal up front, it would be easier to work & realizing those goals. Right? 

OK. Done talking about the DATE & THEME. In the next post, CY will be talking about the 'hantaran'! This is the exciting part. At least to me! 

See you! 

Cheeeeerrrrrrrrsss ~ 

p/s: I LOVE Him. Loving every bit of him. Loving all those fighting & making up. Please do pray for US ya! Only Allah SWT can repay all those deeds my friends :)

Signing off, 

CY ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment