Monday, October 15, 2012

23 : IKEA - Home Decor Craze / Meatballs / Poached Salmon - The Sweaty Sunday

Assalammualaikum. 


We meet again! Heh. Not long from the last entry hey! I hope that everyone is super productive today since its Marvelous Monday. I really adore Monday, you know why? That's because I love my office so much that I couldn't be apart from. Exaggeration there please. Heh. 

Talking about exaggerated matters, I bet everyone is really familiar with the ever famous IKEA Swedish Meatballs. Sounds familiar huh? Ever tasted that dish before? I tasted that last Sunday. Hmm kinda out of place when I had the first bite. It was just like the ordinary beef balls swimming in a pool of Swedish sauce & sided with a bunch of fries.  It was A-OK, but not that SUPER DELICIOUS as what other people claimed. Hmm I bet my expectation towards a plate of 10 pieces Swedish Meatballs was way TOO HIGH huh? 

Frankly, I've never been to IKEA before, though I've been to The Curve few times with MA hanging out there. Basically I've been there when someone drove me! Now that I had to drive myself to that place, that sends the signal that the SOS alarm clock is ticking & I might get lost searching for that place. Heh heh. So, last Sunday, Rina, Rinie, Zmah & myself hopped on my 4545 for a ride to the IKEA. 

I'm super excited thinking that I'm going to taste the ever famous Swedish meatballs! Well, I've tasted that & it was an experience anyway! By the way, the poached salmon is also a hit there at the IKEA restaurant! Rinie tried that with an open heart but showed a pretty darn face! Heh. Probably she just couldn't relate with the fact that the Salmon was poached with the only seasoning comes from the chive sauce. That's what the Swedish people eats, its their culture, which is way different from us here. Something interesting anyway. 

What I love the most about the restaurant is that it actually cultivates the go green culture, where they never offer disposable lunch bags for us to buy take out food from there! You'll have to get your own plastic container to store the food. Interesting! That promotes the habit of not using polystyrene containers to buy food from any eateries. What a great way of saving our old mother nature. The fact that people actually Q up to buy the food is the best policy there! You don't get to see people grumbling over being treated later despite of being there first. Its a first come, first serve policy, everyone Q up! 


After the heavy lunch, we started to explore the whole IKEA. I am super crazy looking at those decor & stuffs IKEA offers to their customers. OK, obviously the pricing range in IKEA is NOT that cheap, but somehow because of the guarantee & design, the price is quite costly. Well, we can always budget ourselves while shopping right? The great thing is that we can budget & pick whatever we want to buy by browsing through the IKEA catalogue. Well, I would advise for those searching for great home decor items to be there and don't forget to plan the trip to IKEA ahead, the catalogue is USEFUL! You can shop till you drop, provided your husband or partner is Dato K or the royals. Heh heh. 


Well, I bought some kitchen items for Ma's house & Farrahayati from JB, where she asked my help to buy that for her as she knows that I'll be in JB in Nov. There's NO IKEA in JB! Heh. I bet I'll drop by IKEA in the quest for decor items after I'm married! I really can't wait to stay in my own house & get to decor that house myself! Funny thing is that I had envisioned the ideas of such decor in my head after that visit to IKEA! This is a great place when we could see tonnes of innovative ideas to save space & make the home look at its best. I really love this place. It is a worthwhile trip though the meatballs were quite disappointing. 

Mr. MA, please bear this in mind, that I want to be able to decor my own space, my own bathroom, my own pantry, my own kitchen, my own bedroom! Heh heh heh. Is that a very hard to fulfill wishlist? I bet NO! Please please please. ;') Please don't let this dream of mine dies. Heh. Love u En Ted! Muahxxx. Ops. ;p

OK. Enough ramblings on this IKEA thingy! Let's start and work our ass up! Ops. ;)

I pray that all of us is doing well, healthy, wealthy, blessed & happy with anything that we'll face in life! Live to this very "YOLO" concept >> You Only Live Once. 

Keep on smiling, giggling, crying, laughing and thanking Allah SWT for every trials, rewards & tests as that is a great way of Him telling us that He is thinking of us up there. Amin. 

Wassalam.  

With love & till then, 

CY ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment