Wednesday, March 14, 2012

F : CY's E Day First Aid Kit V3

Assalammualaikum .. 

It is yet another post on MACY's upcoming E Day. 
I've talked about the date, theme, 'hantaran' & the upcoming 'merisik' session.
It's 93 days to go! Still a long way to go, as what a friend dictated to me yesterday. To her, such day counting is annoying to her. Well, it is to some people, but to the both of us, it is something that is what we're looking forward to! It is no harm to others, I guess. :) 

What is wrong about documenting & blogging on the process? It is just our way of appreciating every effort we took in realizing such meaningful event. So, if people are commenting on my way of expressing my feelings in this blog of mine, blogging every details about the E Day & it bothers them, I'm deeply sorry for that. I enjoy writing & reading as much as others, I never thought that it would be of harm to anyone out there. :) 

Hmm what to talk about in this entry? OK! Lets talk about the fabric & the desired pattern for my E Day outfit. 

A very interesting topic to talk about. But unfortunately, it is something that I hate as I've always got difficulty finding out the correct & suitable pattern that will make me look awesome during my E Day. Is that too much to ask for? OK, I know I'm a fatty lady, but I deserve a fair treatment to look gorgeous on my E Day, right? Anyway, I've always promised this to myself, that I want to look SLIMMER during my W Day! Mark my words. Oh yeah... 

I love looking at kebaya & kurung moden. They look gorgeous on slender lady. Anyway, what would appear gorgeous on me? I wish I got the cold hard cash to expense on a beautiful dress for my E Day. I'd love to get the talented Radzuan Radziwill to design a nice baju kurung for me! Ahaha. A lame DREAM huh? :D

I've bought the fabric for my E Day. It is a 'sutera songket'. I bought that online from the site below. It is a Red Purple 'sutera songket'. I fall in love with it the moment I lay my eyes on it. So I decided to buy that straight away, without thinking of what that fabric should turn out to be! So, now I'm cracking my big head looking for a decent tailor who could turn that fabric into a beautiful & awesome dress.  


I've got NO idea on the pattern that is suitable for me & my fatty physique. I don't mind spending a little bit more on the tailoring costs as I want that to appear nicely. I've asked a few girlfriends on the idea of the kind of dress for the E Day. Most of them comes up with the 'kebaya', 'kurung moden' & 'kurung pahang/riau' ideas. Hmm those are excellent ideas. But I'm not sure which one would make me look my best! 

I've read few blogs & articles on the best fabric for chubby physique like me, according to one of the author, chiffon is best. As shown below. 

I've got the feeling that I'm going to wear either a 'kurung pahang/riau' or 'kebaya'. That is subject to the suggestion from the tailor. Mak Itam wants to introduce a chinese lady who's a great tailor somewhere in Bangkok Bank. I've always got problem with directions, it is best if I go along with Mak Itam to send that fabric. I'm anxious to get that done! Really need professional advice from the tailor. Or else, I'll fall in deep shit! :D  





It is a nerve wrecking thing that I had to wait for that fabric to turn into a beautiful dress. Counting on it! Need to go see the tailor latest by April so that she can design & sew a nice & lovely dress for me. 

Got to go. I'm super hungry! Haven't eaten anything this whole day. I want to go grab some biscuits & a cup of coffee. 

See you again lovelies! 

p/s : I (heart) Mohd Ashek Mansor. Missing him so much as his BB is not well. Please pray that it is fated & it is end of our quest. Heading towards building future together. May all my lovelies be fine in whatever you guys & ladies are dealing with. Never forget to smile as much as you can despite of the trials & turbulences. Amin. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Baby changing unit Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete